- Looking for tips on how to save on your energy bill?
- Interested in steps on how to go green?
- Need advice on state and federal laws covering heating and air conditioning requirements?
Our expert technicians stay up to date on the latest rules and regulations, energy efficient products and most reliable equipment in the HVAC industry. Our goal is to help residential and commercial clients throughout Chicago, the North Shore and Lake County stay comfortable year round.
EPA Freon R-22 Phaseout
Refrigerants that contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC) such as Freon (R-22) are being phased out by the EPA due to the damage that chlorine and other ingredients can cause to the Earth’s protective ozone layer. Most CFCs and HCFCs enhance the greenhouse effect, leading to accelerated global warming.
How does the Freon R-22 phaseout affect you?
- Replacement (R-22) Air Conditioners are in very limited supply. Once they are sold-out; new and replacement air conditioning systems must be converted to an environmentally friendly refrigerant.
- The price of replacement (R-22) refrigerant for existing leaky air conditioners will continue to rise.
- The phaseout of R-22 affects all residential and commercial air conditioning products.
What are SEER and AFUE ratings?
- SEER: The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) measures air conditioning and heat pump cooling efficiency. A higher SEER rating means greater energy efficiency.
- AFUE: The Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) is a measure of a gas furnace’s efficiency in converting fuel to energy. A higher AFUE rating means greater energy efficiency.
Of course, we are available to provide additional guidance and answer any of your HVAC questions. Just give us a call.